People have busy lives. A good hot water boiler offers speed, convenience and flexibility, helping you do the job of heating up water smoothly and consistently much more quickly.
We have picked the top items using strict selection criteria, focusing on a number of important factors such as:
- Heating speed
- Energy efficiency
- Convenience of handling
- Ease of cleaning.
We also investigated what people thought about the kettle’s work load, reliability and durability.
Ranked as the top water boiler and electric hot pot kettle, the Secura brand comes equipped with 4-quart capacity and has a commercial grade stainless interior.
The automatic clean cycle is there to remove water scale buildup, and the blue night light function makes water dispensing easy under low light. It is also incredibly affordable.
10 Best Electric Water Boilers and Warmers
Panasonic NC-EH30PC Water Boiler 3.2-Quart
The Panasonic water boiler is another quality product from the Panasonic Company. This boiler is an ideal choice for a wide range of instant foods and drinks. The prominent features of the water boiler include: variable temperature settings, LED control panel, easy-to-read display, easy-to-clean non-stick internal container, de-chlorination mode, thermal pot, protection from overheating, protection from water spilling, auto-shut down function and water-level gauge. Additional information on the Panasonic electric water boiler can be found here.
- Electric thermal pot, available in 2.3, 3.2 and 4.2 quarts.
- Standard 3.2 quarts size measures: 8-9/16, 11-5/16 and 9-3/8 inches.
- White color with silver trim.
- 4 temperature settings of 140, 180, 190 and 208 degrees F.
- Built-in indicator light and 6-hour energy saving timer.
- Gray LED based control panel.
- Removable push-button lid and push-button dispenser.
- Handsome water storage capacity.
- Built-in electric thermal pot.
- 2-in-1 functionality: boil + keep warm.
- Multiple temperature settings.
- Built-in water gauge.
- An energy efficient product.
- Makes tea, coffee, soap, noodles and baby food.
- Non-sticky, easy to clean interior.
- Reduces chlorine in De-Chlorination Mode.
- Base rotating to 360 degrees.
- Not suitable for commercial use.
- A bit expensive.
- Single color option available.
- Some customers noticed rusting issues.
- No special insulation material used.
Zojirushi CD-WBC40-TS Micom 4-liter Water Boiler and Warmer
The Zojirushi is another state-of-the-art water boiler and if you have a little more budget, it is an excellent choice. It features 4 temperature control settings. Other prominent features include: one-touch dispensing function, auto shutdown function, energy-saving mode, LCD display, Bistro dribble administering mode, auto re-boil function, removable power cord and lightweight, compactness and durability. Read for more info.
- 4-Liter Micom Water Boiler Model CD-WBC40-TS
- Available in Silver Brown and Gold colors.
- 2 x 8.4 x 13.5 inch product dimensions.
- 6-pound item weight with shipping weight around 7.3-pounds.
- 700-watt power rating.
- Dual water boiling and warming function.
- Choose 3L or 4L model according to need.
- 4 temperature settings for ‘keep warm’.
- Auto shut-off functionality for peace of mind.
- 6 to 10 hour timer settings.
- Micro-computerized temperature control system.
- LCD based display.
- Easy cleaning with non-sticky interior.
- Café-drip dispenser mode included.
- Water level gauge.
- Only two available body colors.
- Option of dual voltage absent.
- Length of power cord is short.
- De-Chlorination Mode seems to be absent.
- Issues of rusting reported.
Secura Electric Water Boiler and Warmer 4-Quart
The Secura water boiler and warmer is a quality hot water dispenser from the house of Secura. Some of the prominent features of the device include: multiple temperature settings, night-light, large capacity of 4 liters, de-chlorination mode, indicator for low water-level, removable lid, secure dispenser lock, 360 degrees rotatable base and removable magnetic cord.
Multiple temperature settings means you can heat water at different temperatures. With de-chlorination functionality, on the other hand, you will get chlorine-free and odorless water that will add taste to your foods and drinks. You can read more details about that here.
- Electric hot water pot with 4-quart capacity.
- Model WK63-M2 manufactured by Secura.
- No interior coating.
- Water boiling, warming and night light feature.
- Measuring 13.7 x 9.6 x 13.3 inches in dimensions.
- Item weight is around 5.2 pounds.
- Large commercial grade, non-coated kettle.
- Interior built with stainless steel material.
- Automatic clean cycle removes water scale.
- Low-water shut-off functionality.
- Blue night light for easy dispensing in low light.
- Micro-computerized system for accurate heating.
- Suitable for families, offices and other purposes.
- Lockable dispenser button, present on the top.
- The dispenser button is super easy to press.
- A single body color option available, i.e. black.
- There is no on/off switch.
- Reported issues of button malfunction.
- Dual voltage is not supported.
- No notify beep or sound as water boils.
Rosewill R-HAP-01 Electric 4 L Hot Water Dispenser
The Rosewill electric hot water dispenser is made by the Rosewill Company. The prominent features of this water boiler include: large capacity of 4 liters, 2-stage water feed function, spill proof design, stainless-steel internal chamber, night-light feature, auto re-boil function, 3 different temperature settings and an electric pump for better safety. Additional information on the Rosewill electric hot water dispenser can be found here.
- Rosewill hot water boiler and warmer,model R-HAP-01
- The item weight is 6.4 pounds.
- Products dimensions measure 11.4 x 8.5 x 14.6 inches.
- 4-liter water boiling capacity.
- Bottom heater.
- 360-degree rotatable based and stainless steel outer shell.
- Get water from any direction with 360-rotation.
- Reboil design for 100% boiled water any time.
- Night light indicator for safe working at night.
- Safety through auto electric pump lock.
- Set temperature for tea, coffee & milk powder.
- Prevention of hot water splash.
- User-friendly design with sophisticated look.
- 4L capacity to serve hot beverages to a crowd.
- Both inner pot & outer shell of stainless steel.
- Only 3 temperature settings.
- A delay timer is not provided.
- There is not manual pump feature.
- Need to hold the button constantly to get water.
- An on/off switch is not supported.
Tatung THWP-40 4-Liter Thermo Water Boiler and Warmer
The Tatung water boiler and warmer is made by Tatung Company of America. The company has incorporated some features that make it a unique product available in the market. Let’s have a look at its prominent features. The new Tatung water boiler and warmer features: a large and ample capacity of 4 liters; night-light mode; water-level gauge; 2-way water dispensing function, 360 degrees rotatable base, safety lock and a stainless-steel internal container. For more detail review visit.
- Tatung 4L thermos water boiler unit.
- 12 pounds heavy.
- Package dimensions are 14 x 11.6 x 11.5 inches.
- Model number: THWP-40.
- Stainless steel inner pot.
- Boils/warms a large quantity of water.
- Two-way water dispensing (cup & electric pump).
- 360-rotation – get water from any direction.
- Auto keep warm functionality.
- Quick & easy cleaning of stainless inner pot.
- Instant hot water, coffee, tea, etc.
- Easy portability.
- An efficient boiler against affordable price.
- No capacity or color variants.
- Reporting of issues related to portability.
- Need to hold down button while dispensing water.
- Night light function seems to be absent.
Breville BKE820XL Variable-Temperature 1.8-Liter Kettle
The new Breville variable temperature kettle is a quality product from Breville USA. The new Breville electric water kettle features five different temperature levels that can be used to prepare a number of instant foods and drinks. The other main features of the device include: auto shutdown system, large capacity of 1.8 liters, water-level indication with light, scale prevention design, stainless-steel interior and the dispenser that can be used by both left hand or right hand users. See complete review article.
- Variable temperature water kettle.
- 8-liter water storage.
- Item weight measures 1 pound.
- Measures 7.5 x 9.5 x 11 inches in dimensions.
- Cordless jug.
- Removable scale filter included.
- So smart and lightweight.
- Adjust temperature for perfect taste of different things.
- Stainless steel 360-rotation base.
- Boil-dry protection mechanism.
- Water level indicator present on both sides.
- Allows for easy cordless pouring.
- Very lightweight and easy to handle.
- Smart and easy-to-handle.
- It can keep water warm for 20 minutes.
- User rating of over 4-star.
- Just 2-quart capacity.
- Reporting of issues related to shut-off.
- Meant only for boiling.
- Cannot keep water warm for long.
Cuisinart CPK-17 Perfectemp 1.7-Liter Stainless Steel Cordless
The Cuisinart Perfect Temp is a quality product from the house of Cuisinart. The main features of the Cuisinart Perfect Temp are: Six-variable temperature settings, cordless kettle, sleep mode, capacity of 1.7 liters, separate indicator for start and stop, 360 degrees rotatable base, keep-warm indicator, removable lid, boil-dry protection and blue backlit water indicator to determine the quantity of remaining water visit this page for detailed info.
- Cordless electric kettle.
- Items dimensions of 1.12 x 9.75 x 11.88 inches.
- 7-liter storage capacity.
- 110 volts / 1500 watts power rating.
- Multiple heat settings.
- Stainless steel material.
- Programmable water boiling technology.
- Ease of handling and pouring hot water.
- Make tea, etc. at right temp with 6 heat settings.
- Keep water warm for 30 minutes.
- All-direction use with 360-swivel power base.
- 2-minute memory function.
- Auto safety shut-off for boil dry protection.
- Cool, strong-grip handle.
- Removable and washable scale filter.
- Blue backlit water window and LED indicator.
- Not fit for commercial usage.
- A small kettle – less than 2-liter in capacity.
- The product is not quiet.
- Sides get warm, but handle remains cool.
- Timer is not provided.
KWS WB-30L/126 Cups Commercial Water Boiler and Warmer
The KWS commercial water boiler and warmer is a state-of-the-art water heater made by the KitchenWare Station. The new KWS electric water warmer and boiler provides a lot of flexibility and convenience for a number of instant drinks and foods. The prominent specs of the device include: a large and ample storage of 19.5liters, instant warming and heating function, separate indication for warming and boiling, double stainless-steel layer, water-level gauge and durable silicon tap. Read complete review here.
- Commercial water boiler with large 19.5L capacity.
- Heat-insulated body.
- Measures 13 x 16 x 22 inches in dimensions.
- Overall package dimension are 14 x 15 x 23 inches.
- Item weight of 11.2 pounds.
- Model number WBR-30 with multiple color-variants.
- Extra-large to make 83 cups of tea at a time.
- Ceramic thermostat prevents water from over-boiling.
- Built with double stainless-steel layer.
- Fit for large gatherings, business meetings, clubs, etc.
- Increased level of safety.
- User friendly design.
- Double working light to indicate ‘keep warm’ and “boiling”.
- Available in as many as six color variants.
- ‘Keep warm’ function for a short time.
- Takes long to boil due to large amount of water.
- A bit expensive (but specs justify price).
- Single voltage rating.
- Feature of adjustable feature is absent.
Tiger PVW-B30U Stainless Steel Vacuum Electric Water Dispenser 3-Liter
The new Tiger electric water dispenser is made by the Tiger Corporation. The new Tiger electric water dispenser features 3-variable temperature settings with micro computerized temperature control framework. Other important functionalities of the device are: a storage capacity of 3 liters, auto-lock system, sleep mode, 2-way styles of water dispensing system and dual working modes, i.e.
VE mode and energy-saving mode. Other useful information about Tiger Stainless-steel electric water dispenser can be found here.
- Vacuum electric water dispenser.
- 8 pounds heavy.
- 1” x 8.5” x 12.7” product dimensions.
- Item model number is PVW-B30U-CU.
- Manufactured by Japan Tiger Corporation of the US.
- 3-liter water boiling capacity.
- Dual mode dispenser: Electric pump and air pump.
- Dual working: VE Mode & Energy Saving Mode.
- Stainless steel vacuum insulation to keep warm.
- Automatic heater shutoff after boiling.
- Auto lock as a safety feature.
- Continuous supply of hot steaming water.
- Beautiful steel beige finish.
- Built-in 5 sleep timer settings.
- Shows current temperature of water.
- It takes around 10 minutes to boil 3L water.
- A bit high priced (for high quality).
- Reported issues of rusting after continuous use.
Tiger PDN-A30U-W Electric Water Boiler and Warmer, White 3.0-Liter
The Tiger A30U electric water boiler and warmer is manufactured by the Tiger Corporation. It features three-variable temperature settings with micro computerized temperature control system for accurate heating. Large LCD, non-stick internal chamber, de-chlorination mode, soft control panel buttons, sleep timer and a detachable power cord for more protection and safety. You can read a more detailed review here.
- Dual water boiling and warming function.
- 3L water boiling capacity.
- Built-in de-chlorination mode.
- 5 pounds total item weight.
- Product dimensions of 11.9 x 9 x 9.5 inches.
- Manufactured by Japan Tiger Corporation of USA.
- Model number: PDN-A30U-WU.
- Large LCD panel displaying current temperature.
- Programmed with 3 temperature settings.
- 2 sleep timer settings of 6 and 9 hours duration.
- Attractive urban white design.
- Removable lid for easy cleaning.
- Auto shut-off system for safety.
- Detachable power cord for convenience and safety.
- Just 3L water boiling capacity.
- May take 15 to 20 minutes to fully boil water.
- Only 2 sleep timer settings.
Advantages of an Electric Water Boiler and Warmer:
These electric water boilers have several advantages that make them a totally unique product from regular electric kettles. In today’s world, most people don’t have time for inefficient appliances.
A fresh cup of coffee or tea can be a breath of fresh of air people who remain busy like a bee. One warm cup of tea or coffee in the morning and evening can help mobilize and arouse certain functions of the body. This is where the worth of a water boiler becomes evident. A good water boiler can help make you an evenly heated drink in considerably less time than a microwave.
Water boilers have a number of advantages including:
A Water Boiler Saves Energy:
One of the main advantages of a water boiler is that it reduces utility bills by saving energy. Nowadays, hot water dispensers are valued for their energy efficiency because they provide hot water in considerably less time. Hot water boilers usually have multiple temperature presets. Users just have to select the desired temperature for their need. If users don’t require the hot water as it boils, they can also use it at later on. This is thanks to the insulation provided by the hot water dispenser that retains its warmth for several hours.
- Large Capacity:
Another major benefit of a hot water boiler is its ample storage capacity. Unlike regular electric kettles, a hot water dispenser usually comes with a large capacity of 3 – 5 liters. This ample capacity helps save time that would have been spent refilling time and time again. Moreover, it also helps to get multiple cups of hot water in less amount of time.
- Compact Design:
Popular and trusted brands have small and compact designs. They offer a lot of convenience and flexibility because of this feature. Unlike the other kitchen appliances, the electric water boiler and warmer occupy a very small space in the kitchen. You can easily place the device in any corner of the work area for later use.
- Easy to Maintain:
Maintenance constitutes a chief factor of any house-hold gadget. If any home appliance is difficult to clean and maintain, it’s just like a piece of garbage. Another important factor to consider when choosing a hot water dispenser is its ease of maintenance. These hot water dispensers are very easy to clean.
The internal non-sticky chamber and the 360⁰ rotatable base plate provide a lot of convenience and flexibility in their cleaning. Moreover, unlike the regular electric kettle, hot water dispensers are very well-insulated. The steam of the hot water dispenser always stays inside the internal chamber and there is absolutely no risk of damaging the body parts.
- Smart and Sleek Look:
Nowadays, many water boilers offers sleek and smart design. They come in aesthetically pleasing designs and finishes. They can therefore blend with the interior of the kitchen or office very easily.
Things to consider when buying an Electric Water Boiler and Warmer:
If you want to buy a hot water dispenser, there are certain factors which you must take into account before making a move:
Price plays a vital role in the purchase of any house-hold gadget. The first thing you must consider in buying an electric water boiler and warmer is your budget. There are a number of hot water dispensers that are available in the market. Nowadays, they offer a wide range of features and capacities. But, you should go for the one that suits your needs and your pocket.
A hot water dispenser usually runs on electricity, and that is the main concern of buyers these days. A number of hot water boilers are built with energy-saving technology. You should go for a water boiler that offers this feature. It will help to reduce your utility bill. Moreover, it will also help to increase the life of the product.
- Non-Stick Coated Chambers:
In recent times, the main problem of hot water boilers has been the cleaning of its internal chamber. Non-sticky coating of the internal container facilitates the cleaning of the container from time to time. Its non-sticky nature also prevents the build-up of scales. So you should go for the water dispenser that offers non-sticky internal coating too.
- Night-Light Feature:
Another concern is avoiding wastage of water in low or dim light. A lot of companies are now offering their products with a night-light feature. This night-light feature allows for the easy dispensing of water in the absence of an external light source.
- De-Chlorination Mode:
De-chlorination significantly enhances the quality of water. Presence of chlorine results in unpleasant taste of water that can be avoided by de-chlorination. You can experience the real taste of a number of instant foods and drinks with odor-free water.
A number of hot water boilers come with quality insulation. Insulation acts as the wall that provides the barrier between the internal and external temperatures. Just keep one thing in mind: insulation chiefly serves to preserve the warmth of the water. Well-insulated hot water dispensers can retain water warmth for several hours. Go for such a product that offers better insulation.
Also keep in mind that the energy-saving mode of the device is heavily dependent on the quality of the insulation. If the quality of insulation is good, there will be more energy saving and vice versa.
Capacity of Hot Water Dispenser:
There are a number of companies that offer hot water boilers with different capacities. The capacity of a hot water boiler usually ranges from 2 – 4 or 5 liters. Before getting your hands on it, determine the capacity that suits your needs. It is true that a large capacity water dispenser offers a lot of convenience, but requires a handsome budget too.
Usually, a water boiler with 3-liter capacity is enough for filling pots or multiple cups of tea and coffee. If you are addicted to instant foods and don’t need to support a number of people, go for the one with 3-liter capacity.
Types of Electric Water Boiler and Heaters:
There are basically three different types of water warmers and heaters. They can be used for a variety of purposes.
These are the big ones, usually found in the basement in residential homes. As the name suggests, these types of heaters store heated water and dispense it when required by the user. This is the first type of water heater that comes in a variety of sizes. These types of heaters usually operate by electricity, gas or solar panels.
The working of these water heaters is quite simple. They keep the water inside the insulated container at a constant temperature. Refill water and reheat as necessary. Cold water is stored in the container where it is heated by a heating element at a constant temperature. This hot water then rises to the upper portion of the tank, where it can be released as required. On average, the lifespan of a storage water heater is 10-15 years.
Tank- less Water Heaters:
Tank-less water heaters are gaining more popularity across the globe. They do not require the storage of multiple gallons of water at a time. The main advantage of a tank-less water heater is that it occupies less space than its storage tank counterpart and provides warm water immediately as required. Moreover, these water heaters are more energy efficient. This energy-efficient feature also results in decreasing the utility bills up to 20% as compared with storage heaters. The savings are quite noticeable.
The overall working of this heater is also quite simple and easy. Water enters the tank-less heater and passes through the heating element. This heated element heats the water immediately as the water passes through it. As compared to the storage water heaters, the price of these water heaters is 3-times higher. Also, their lifespan has been increased by 3 fold.
This is the third and last type of water heaters. These boilers usually look like a normal kitchen appliance. You will find them useful in circumstances where you instantly need hot water for any reason. These water heaters come with different temperature options that can be used to prepare a number of instant foods and drinks.
Stainless-steel is preferred because it provides effective protection against corrosion, stain and dust. However, 100% corrosion cannot be prevented in any case.
The quality and characteristics of the steel can easily be altered through the change in the amount of elements in this alloy. The life of steel can further be increased by adding a small amount of chromium in it. The use of stainless-steel in hot water dispensers made possible the development of large and robust dispensers that offer more durability and convenience.
The major purpose of using a stainless-steel container in a hot dispenser is to deal with the changing temperature of water that flows in and out of the container frequently.
Nowadays, the stainless-steel internal container features non-sticky coating. This non-sticky finish helps clean the internal chamber of the dispenser easily. It also aids to prevent the build-up of scales in the internal container of the dispenser.
Consider yourself informed and educated. Now, go check out one of these aforementioned water boilers and let us know what you think!