People have busy lives. If you just need to quickly heat up water for one time use, then you’ll be fine with an electric kettle.
A good hot water boiler, however, offers speed, convenience and flexibility, helping you to heat up water consistently and keep it warm at your desired temperature for several hours so that it’s available instantly for tea, soup or oatmeal.
We’ve picked the top items using strict selection criteria, focusing on a number of important factors such as:
- -Heating speed
- -Energy efficiency
- -Convenience of handling
- -Ease of cleaning.
We also investigated what people thought about the kettle’s work load, reliability and durability.
Best Electric Water Boilers and Warmers
Zojirushi 586361-CV-DCC40XT America Corporation Ve Hybrid Water Boiler And Warmer – Best Overall Choice
4-Liter, Stainless Dark Brown
The Japanese Zojirushi DCCV40 Hot Water Boiler and Dispenser is widely regarded as the best water boiler in the market and if its within your budget, we highly recommend it.
The Zojirushi is loaded with features: 4 temperature control settings for making a variety of different teas, one-touch dispensing, auto shutdown, energy-saving modes, a programmable LED display, Bistro dribble administering mode, an auto re-boil function, a removable lid and power cord, lightweight compactness and durability to last several years. Read for more info.
- Dual water boiling and warming function.
- Choose 4L or 5L model according to need.
- 4 temperature settings for ‘keep warm’.
- Auto shut-off functionality for peace of mind.
- 6 to 10 hour timer settings.
- Micro-computerized temperature control system.
- LCD based display.
- Easy cleaning with non-sticky interior.
- Café-drip dispenser mode included.
- Water level gauge.
- Only two available body colors.
- Length of power cord is a bit short.
Tiger PVW-B30U Stainless Steel Vacuum Electric Water Dispenser,3L – Great Brand
Another solid Japanese brand. Tiger’s electric hot water dispenser features 3-variable temperature settings with micro computerized temperature control framework. Other important functionalities of the device are: a storage capacity of 3 liters, auto-lock system, sleep mode, 2-way styles of water dispensing system and dual working modes, i.e.
VE mode and energy-saving mode. Other useful information about Tiger Stainless-steel electric water dispenser can be found in our Tiger PVW-B30U review.
- Dual mode dispenser: Electric pump and air pump.
- Dual working: VE Mode & Energy Saving Mode.
- Stainless steel vacuum insulation to keep warm.
- Automatic heater shutoff after boiling.
- Auto lock as a safety feature.
- Continuous supply of hot steaming water.
- Beautiful steel beige finish.
- Built-in 5 sleep timer settings.
- Shows current temperature of water.
- It takes around 10 minutes to boil 3L water.
- A bit pricey.
- Some users reported issues of rusting after continuous use.
Panasonic NC-EH30PC Water Boiler 3.2-Quart
The Panasonic water boiler is another quality product from the Panasonic Company. This boiler is an ideal choice for a wide range of instant foods and drinks.
The prominent features of the water boiler include: variable temperature settings, LED control panel with an easy-to-read display, a non-stick internal container, de-chlorination mode, thermal pot protection, an auto-shut down function and a wide water-level gauge.
Additional information on the Panasonic electric water boiler can be found in our detailed review here.
- Handsome water storage capacity.
- Built-in electric thermal pot.
- 2-in-1 functionality: boil + keep warm.
- Multiple temperature settings.
- Built-in water gauge.
- An energy efficient product.
- Makes tea, coffee, soup, noodles and baby food.
- Non-sticky, easy to clean interior.
- De-Chlorination Mode.
- Base rotating to 360 degrees.
- 3L model isn’t ideal for commercial use. Still suitable for residential.
- Single color option available.
- No special insulation material used.
Tiger PDN-A30U-W Electric Water Boiler and Warmer, White 3.0-Liter
The Tiger A30U japanese electric water boiler and warmer is manufactured by the Tiger Corporation.
It features three-variable temperature settings with micro computerized temperature control system for accurate heating. Large LCD, non-stick internal chamber, de-chlorination mode, soft control panel buttons, sleep timer and a detachable power cord for more protection and safety. You can read a more detailed review here.
- Large LCD panel displaying current temperature.
- Programmed with 3 temperature settings.
- 2 sleep timer settings of 6 and 9 hours duration.
- Attractive urban white design.
- Removable lid for easy cleaning.
- Auto shut-off system for safety.
- Detachable power cord for convenience and safety.
- Just 3L water boiling capacity.
- May take 15 to 20 minutes to fully boil water.
- Only 2 sleep timer settings.
Chefman Electric Hot Water Boiler – Budget Choice
The Chefman Hot Water Boiler is a good choice for those who want an efficiently priced water boiler with all of the basic necessities.
It has a 5.3 liter capacity an auto shut off feature, stainless steel exterior and a vacuum sealed interior with water level gauge. This may be a good option for non heavy duty users as there are some noted durability issues according to the reviews on Amazon.
Additional information on the Chefman Electric water boiler can be found in our detailed review here.
- Sleek stainless steel exterior design
- Very attractive Price!
- Vacuum sealed inner container.
- Auto Shut off safety feature
- Some harsh customer reviews complaining about its durability
- No variable temperature settings.
- Stay warm time is somewhat limited
Rosewill HAP-15002 Electric Hot Water Dispenser – A Solid Choice
The Rosewill electric hot water dispenser is made by the Rosewill Company. The prominent features of this water boiler include: large capacity of 4 liters, 2-stage water feed function, spill proof design, a stainless-steel internal chamber, night-light feature, auto re-boil function, 3 different temperature settings and an electric pump for better safety.
- Get water from any direction with 360-rotation.
- Reboil design for 100% boiled water any time.
- Night light indicator for safe working at night.
- Safety through auto electric pump lock.
- Set temperature for tea, coffee & milk powder.
- Prevention of hot water splash.
- User-friendly design with sophisticated look.
- 4L capacity to serve hot beverages to a crowd.
- Both inner pot and outer shell of stainless steel.
- Only 3 temperature settings.
- A delay timer is not provided.
- Need to constantly hold the button to get water.
Tatung THWP-40 4-Liter Thermo Water Boiler and Warmer
The Tatung water boiler and warmer is made by the Tatung Company of America. The company has incorporated some features that make it a unique product available in the market. Let’s have a look at its prominent features.
The new Tatung water boiler and warmer features: a large and ample capacity of 4 liters; night-light mode; water-level gauge; 2-way water dispensing function, 360 degrees rotatable base, safety lock and a stainless-steel internal container. See our detailed Tatung water boiler review.
- Boils/warms a large quantity of water.
- Two-way water dispensing (cup and electric pump).
- 360-rotation – get water from any direction.
- Auto keep warm functionality.
- Quick and easy cleaning of stainless inner pot.
- Instant hot water, coffee, tea, etc.
- Easy portability.
- An efficient boiler with affordable price.
- No capacity or color variants.
- Need to hold down button while dispensing water.
- No night light function.
KWS WB-30L/126 Cups Commercial Water Boiler and Warmer – Best for Office
The KWS commercial water boiler and warmer is a state-of-the-art water heater made by the KitchenWare Station. The new KWS electric water warmer and boiler provides a lot of flexibility and convenience for a number of instant drinks and foods.
The prominent specs of the device include: a large and ample storage of 19.5liters, instant warming and heating function, separate indication for warming and boiling, double stainless-steel layer, water-level gauge and durable silicon tap. Read complete review here.
- Extra-large to make 83 cups of tea at a time.
- Ceramic thermostat prevents water from over-boiling.
- Built with double stainless-steel layer.
- Fit for large gatherings, business meetings, clubs, etc.
- Increased level of safety.
- User friendly design.
- Double working light to indicate ‘keep warm’ and “boiling”.
- Available in as many as six color variants.
- ‘Keep warm’ function for a short time.
- Takes long to boil due to large amount of water.
- A bit expensive (but specs justify price).
- Single voltage rating.
Advantages of an Electric Water Boiler and Warmer:
One of the main advantages of a water boiler / hot water dispenser is that it reduces utility bills by saving energy. Nowadays, hot water dispensers are valued for their energy efficiency because they provide hot water in considerably less time. Hot water boilers usually have multiple temperature presets.
Users just have to select the desired temperature for their need. If users don’t require the hot water as it boils, they can also use it at later on. This is thanks to the insulation provided by the hot water dispenser that retains its warmth for several hours.
Another major benefit of a hot water boiler is its ample storage capacity. Unlike regular electric kettles, a hot water dispenser usually comes with a large capacity of 3 – 5 liters. This ample capacity helps save time that would have been spent refilling time and time again.
Popular and trusted brands have small and compact designs. They offer a lot of convenience and flexibility because of this feature. Unlike the other kitchen appliances, the electric water boiler and warmer occupy a very small space in the kitchen. You can easily place the device in any corner of the work area for later use.
Easy to Maintain:
Maintenance constitutes a chief factor of any house-hold gadget. If any home appliance is difficult to clean and maintain, it’s just like a piece of garbage. Another important factor to consider when choosing a hot water dispenser is its ease of maintenance. These hot water dispensers are very easy to clean.
The internal non-sticky chamber and the 360⁰ rotatable base plate provide a lot of convenience and flexibility in their cleaning. Moreover, unlike the regular electric kettle, hot water dispensers are very well-insulated. The steam of the hot water dispenser always stays inside the internal chamber and there is absolutely no risk of damaging the body parts.
Things to consider when buying an Electric Water Boiler and Warmer:
Price plays a vital role in the purchase of any house-hold gadget. The first thing you must consider in buying an electric water boiler and warmer is your budget. There are a number of hot water dispensers that are available in the market. Nowadays, they offer a wide range of features and capacities. But, you should go for the one that suits your needs and your pocket.
Non-Stick Coated Chambers:
Historically, the main problem of hot water boilers had been the cleaning of its internal chamber. Non-sticky coating of the internal container facilitates the cleaning of the container from time to time. Its non-sticky nature also prevents the build-up of scales. So you should go for the water dispenser that offers non-sticky internal coating too.
De-chlorination significantly enhances the quality of water. Presence of chlorine results in unpleasant taste of water that can be avoided by de-chlorination. You can experience the real taste of a number of instant foods and drinks with odor-free water.
A number of hot water boilers come with quality insulation. Just keep one thing in mind: insulation chiefly serves to preserve the warmth of the water. Well-insulated hot water dispensers can retain water warmth for several hours. Go for such a product that offers better insulation.
Also keep in mind that the energy-saving mode of the device is heavily dependent on the quality of the insulation. If the quality of insulation is good, there will be more energy saving and vice versa.
Capacity of Hot Water Dispenser:
The capacity of a hot water boiler usually ranges from 2 – 4 or 5 liters. Before getting your hands on it, determine the capacity that suits your needs. It is true that large capacity water dispensers offer a lot of convenience, but they also usually require a handsome budget as well.
Usually, a water boiler with 3-liter capacity is enough for filling pots or multiple cups of tea and coffee. If you’re addicted to instant foods and don’t need to support a number of people, go for the one with 3-liter capacity.
Material – Stainless Steel
Stainless steel is preferred because it provides effective protection against corrosion, stain and dust. However, 100% corrosion cannot be prevented.
The major purpose of using a stainless-steel container in a hot dispenser is to deal with the changing temperature of water that flows in and out of the container frequently.
Nowadays, the stainless-steel internal container features non-sticky coating. This non-sticky finish helps clean the internal chamber of the dispenser easily. It also aids to prevent the build-up of scales in the internal container of the dispenser.
Consider yourself informed and educated. Now, go check out one of these aforementioned water boilers and hot water dispensers and let us know what you think!