A good cup of tea is great for energizing both your mind and body! But we’re all strapped for time so we need an efficient solution to help us prepare great tasting tea – a good quality tea kettle.
Electric Kettle versus Hot Water Boiler
Do you know the difference between an electric kettle and a hot water boiler for tea? The only difference is that one is specific while the other is a more general term. The term kettle refers to a…well…kettle with a specific shape, while a hot water boiler can refer to anything that is used to boil water. Another distinction is that of size; boilers tend to be much bigger.
Best Water Boilers for Tea
Every manufacturer claims that they offer the best water boilers. Obviously, they can’t all be right. So how do we tell the winners from the losers? Follow the simple step by step procedure.
First, we considered the price. Second, we looked at all the water boilers’ features to justify its price. Third and perhaps most importantly, we pored through the feedback provided by people who have purchased and used the product personally.
Best Tea Kettle under $50 Reviews
So, without further ado, check out our list below!
1) Proctor Silex K2070YA Electric Kettle – 1 Liter
It has the capacity to boil 1 liter of water at a time. Its power cable can easily be detached, enabling you to easily pour liquid in and out. The Proctor Silex is safer than a stovetop kettle. In addition, it will boil water for you in considerably less time than a microwave oven.
For around $15, the Proctor Silex Electric Kettle actually has several features that potential buyers would expect.
1-Liter Silex Electric Kettle is furnished with several advanced technologies. Some of its cutting edge functionalities include:
- Automatic shutoff for safety and to prevent over-boiling.
- Boil-dry protection.
- Dual water windows.
- An LED indicator that tells whether the kettle is on or off.
- Best for teas, instant coffees, soup mixes and oatmeal.
Using all these features and functionalities, you can quickly get tea, hot chocolate and instant soup. This is a great deal for such a low price.
- Durable and reliable kettle
- Detachable cord for easy pouring
- Faster than a microwave
- Safer than a stovetop
- Attractive design
- Short cord.
- Repeated unplugging/plugging
- Black spot may form on heating coil
2) Aroma Housewares Hot H20 X-Press Electric Water Kettle
Built with stainless steel, the Aroma Houseware Hot H20 Water Kettle has the capacity to accommodate up to 1.5 liters of water while boiling 1 cup of water per minute. To facilitate cordless pouring, there is a 360-degree swivel base.
The kettle will automatically switch off as soon as water is boiled. It is equipped with a water-level indicator, stay-cool handle, non-drip spout and a washable spout filter.
The top end features of Aroma Housewares Hot H20 X-Press Electric Water Kettle include:
- Polished stainless-steel housing.
- Rust resistant and elegant.
- Can be used for tea, hot chocolate, oatmeal, instant coffee, noodles, baby formula, etc.
- Faster boiling with a cup-a-minute speed!
- Automatic switch off on boiling.
- Automatic lifting of the kettle off its base for easy, cord-free pouring.
- Generous 1.5 L capacity.
- Multipurpose utility.
- Tech-rich & affordable.
- Easy serving.
- One-touch operation.
- Heating of body.
- Includes a plastic part.
- May develop fishy smell.
3) Ovente KG83B Free Glass Cordless Electric Kettle
The elegant design of this glass electric kettle makes it look great on any kitchen or countertop. The speedy heating mechanism can quickly bring water to a rolling boil.
The surprising power efficiency (up to 85 percent as compared with stovetop kettle) greatly reduces its electricity consumption. The possibility for the buildup of unwanted mineral deposit has been eliminated through the provision of a concealed water heating element.
The advance security features include secure locking lid, boil-dry protection, power-on indicator light, automatic shutoff and a comfortable stay-cool handle. The 30-inch cord provided with it easily wraps into the base.
Use water level indicator to fill the kettle with water as per your requirement. You will see that it heats up water at a considerably rapid pace, delivering boiled water almost instantly. The limited manufacturer warranty is for one year.
The top-notch features that make Ovente KG83B Free Glass Cordless Electric Kettle worth buying include:
- Speedy heating mechanism.
- Provided with a comfortable stay-cool handle.
- Power-on indicator light and automatic shutoff functionality.
- Built-in water level indicator.
- Furnished with a concealed water heating element.
- No buildup of unwanted mineral deposit.
- Auto shut off and boil dry protection.
- Up to 85% energy saving!
- Advanced safety package
- Removable/washable filter.
- Superfast heating.
- Hassle-free cleaning.
- Lid won’t open all the way
- Takes time to restart
- Small capacity.
4) Hamilton Beach 40865 Glass Electric Kettle
Priced at around $29, the Hamilton Beach electric kettle has a beautiful glass body that is also strong and durable. The detachable base helps in cord-free serving. The auto shutoff functionality will prevent over heating as well as give boil-dry protection.
Easy, quick and thorough cleaning has been ensured through a wide opening on the top of the kettle. It has a modern soft blue illumination that is bound to look great on your kitchen counter. The compact stainless-steel base should also save you some space.
Some of the most attractive features of Hamilton Beach Glass Electric Kettle include:
- A built-in mesh filter, stainless steel accent and glass sides.
- The Hamilton Beach kettle can also be used to make a wide variety of things, including tea, hot chocolate, instant soup etc…
- Users will find it faster than a microwave and safer than a stovetop kettle.
- The extra-large capacity makes it suitable for multiple servings, saving you precious time and effort.
- Last but not least, the kettle is furnished with automatic safety elements that serve to protect against damage and overheating.
- Space-saving design
- Soft blue illumination
- Easy, cord-free serving
- 360-degree rotating base
- Rapid-boil system
- Stay-cool handle
- Push-button lid
- May be difficult to grip for some users.
- No safety ring around top edge
- Issues of rusting.
5) Zeppoli Water Heater – One of the Best Tea Kettles under $50
The cordless and fast-boiling Zeppoli electric glass tea kettle is furnished with sophisticated technologies that render extra efficiency and convenience. For example, it is made with industrial strength glass which is complemented by stainless steel accents. While preventing taste contaminations and preserving natural flavors, it can easily withstand any minor drops.
The cordless technology of the kettle allows for easy, hassle-free pouring. The built-in bright LED lights indicate when the kettle is heating. Owing to the faster boiling mechanism, the water comes to a boil within 5 to 6 minutes at maximum capacity of 1.7 liter.
Some of the top-end features of Zeppoli electric glass tea kettle are listed below:
- The kettle is built with 360-degree Rotational Glass Body!
- It is perfect for precise measurements of water or liquid content inside it.
- Optimized to be used for making tea, coffee, pasta, oatmeal and many other things.
- The efficient automatic shut off mechanism gets activated within 30 seconds after the water get fully boiled.
- Built with heat resistant handle and anti-slip grip as safety measures.
- There is no need to worry about the kettle getting burned or sliding off your hand.
- Extra safety & convenience
- Bright LED indicator lights
- Food-grade Silicon
- 100% BPA free
- Easy & simple cleaning
- Capacity less than 2 L
- Inside of lid is plastic
- Doesn’t ping on boiling
What Can the Best Tea Kettles under $50 Offer You?
In addition to offering economy, a quality tea kettle offers the following:
- Easier Handling: It is very important that the kettle is easy to work with, otherwise it can quickly become a source of frustration at the wrong time. Tea Time 🙂 Sometimes, while looking for economy, buyers have to compromise for the convenience of a quality handle. So be careful and go for a product that has received high ratings and positive reviews from people who have used it in real life. Again, we’ve collated the essential kettles based on these comments and reviews, along with our own research and testing.
- Fast Working: There are lots of tea kettles under $50 in the market that can heat up your water quickly. Some are even faster than a microwave, saving you precious tim, while also delivering you a great tasting cup of tea. Electric kettles also tend to consume a considerably less amount of energy as compared to a microwave oven.
- Safe Operation: Safety is one of the primary things that you should expect from any electronic product. If faulty, an electronic item can prove to be far more dangerous than a stovetop kettle. Rest assure that the products we’ve listed and reviewed above are very much safe and secure to use.
- Auto Shutoff Functionality: While you are boiling water for tea in an electric tea kettle, imagine having to keep a constant eye on it to ensure that liquid does not get over boiled. You’ve got more important tasks. You can easily save this time by buying a kettle that comes with auto shutoff functionality. In other words, the kettle will automatically shut off as soon as the water is boiled to the required level. Just pour water into it, set your desired temperature level, turn the switch on and forget about it. Meanwhile, indulge in other important activities.
- Multiple Options for Capacity: A quality brand will give you the option to choose from several versions with multiple storage capacities. The capacity of the best tea kettles under $50 may range from a single liter to as much as 4.5 liters. Keep in mind that heating up a larger quantity of water in a larger capacity tea kettle will take more time.
- Warmth Retention: This will allow you to keep the water warm for a good amount of time after you have switched off the tea kettle. Built with advanced insulation materials, there are electric water boilers that can keep water inside them hot for as long as 30 minutes.
Well, that’s it folks. Hope you enjoyed it. Check out these items and more on Amazon, and let us know what you think.