Electric Kettles make boiling water a breeze and are a must have for coffee and tea drinkers. We’ve reviewed a number of electric kettles but today we’re focusing on the Bodum electric kettles.
Let’s take a look at three popular models – The Bodum Bistro, Bodum Bistro Double Wall, and the Bodum Goose Neck to see which one is best for you.
Bodum Bistro Electric Water Kettle – 34 Oz, 1 L, Black
The Bodum Bistro Electric Kettle is an affordable entry level plastic electric kettle that provides you with the basic features one would expect without breaking the bank. It is ideal for making tea, coffee, instant noodles or anything else that calls hot water in less than 5 minutes.
It features a water level indicator, a steam sensor that automatically shuts the unit off, comes in several different colors, and is available in 17 or 34oz capacities.
It is BPA free, as are all tea kettles nowadays but there are still some users who understandably don’t trust plastic kettles and would prefer a stainless steel kettle.
- -Capacity: 17 or 34 oz making 5-7 cups.
- -Material: Plastic outside with metal base.
- -Manual On/Off switch on handle.
- -Steam sensor that automatically shuts off the unit.
- -Water level indicator.
- -Energy efficient as it only requires 700W making it ideal for apartments, dorm rooms or RVs
Bodum 11659 Bistro Electric Water Kettle – Double Wall w/Temp Control, 1.1L
The Bodum Bistro Double Wall Electric Kettle is a step up from the entry level Bodum Bistro. It is equipped with 5 different temperature settings that can easily be adjusted, making it suitable for heating water for different types of tea (green, yellow, black, oolong etc…) and has a keep warm feature for up to 30 minutes.
It features an elegant see through glass body for full visibility into the water levels while maintaining a metal base for the heating element.
- -Five temperature settings that can easily be adjusted via a rotary switch to make different kinds of teas: 60°C/140°F, 70°C/158°F, 80°C/176°F, 90°C/194°F and boiling.
- -Keep your water warm for up to 30 minutes.
- -Design: Easily gauge the water level with its see through glass body made of borosilicate that insulates the water.
- -Removable lid for easy cleaning.
- -Given that the water only comes into contact the glass, the manufacturer’s claims of being BPA-free are more credible.
- -The transparent container makes it easier to control the water level. The scale line indicates liters, ounces and cups.
- -Manual On/Off switch and a sensor that auto shuts off the unit.
Bodum Gooseneck Electric Water Kettle
The Bodum Goose Neck Electric Water Kettle has a stainless steel design with an elegant matte black finish. It features a slow pour over handle that allows for precision pouring, perfect for connoisseur tea lovers.
For those who have concerns over plastic kettles and their potential BPA hazards, this may be a suitable alternative to the plastic Bodum models.
It has a 27 oz capacity, an auto shut off feature, an indicator light, and quite frankly, looks good on any kitchen countertop.
- -Design: Stainless steel with matte black finish on the body and cork handle.
- -Indicator light.
- -Automatic shutoff feature.
- -27 oz capacity can make several cups.
- -Is not see through however so difficult to gauge the water level at a glance.
We generally prefer glass or stainless steel models over plastic. That said, there have been some mixed review on Amazon about the Bodum Goose Neck so if it’s within your budget, we suggest the Bodum Double Wall model as it features an elegant design and a glass body that should make the unit truly BPA free.
There is a Bodum Goose Neck stainless steel model that has good user reviews on Amazon. It’s made of stainless steel (pictured below). That said, we’re sticking with our pick of the Bodum Double Wall as it a better all around kettle in our opinion, most notably because it allows for variable temperature settings.