There’s nothing like a classic tea kettle. Sure, we’ve reviewed many electric kettles but there’s something about that whistling notification alerting me that my tea is ready that brings back wonderful memories.
Well, we all have our personal preferences and design and style tastes and many of us like the look of a yellow kettle to help compliment our existing kitchen design, or alternatively so that our wonderful tea kettle can stand out!
Well, we’ve got a list of 5 excellent kettles that have all the style, durability, and functionality that one could ask for, along with a beautiful yellow color design to boot.
What to look for in a tea kettle
It’s really quite simple. We’ve reviewed a number of electric kettles but keep in mind that the following are stovetop and/or tea kettles – not electric (the kind you plug in that generates its own heat).
For electric kettles, check out any of our reviews to the right. Now, back to criteria. Things to look out for:
- -Time to boil – These kettles all generally boil in 3-5 minutes!
- -Design: Yes, the kettles are all yellow but you’ll note that they each have their own distinctive design. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and no one design is “better” than the other.
- -Material: These are all either enamel coated steel or porcelain kettles with chip resistant finishes.
- -All models feature a heat resistant handle.
- -Capacity: ie how many cups can you serve? Well, it depends on how much hot water the kettle can hold and on your need to serve a small family or several guests all at once.
- -Spout: In addition to the handle, the spout is somewhat subjective as well but generally speaking, a long curved spout allows for more precision and control over pouring.
5 Best Yellow Kettles
Chantal 37-VINT YC Enamel on Steel Vintage Teakettle, 1.7 quart, Canary Yellow
This is a classically styled solid yellow 1.7 quart capacity tea kettle with wonderful reviews on Amazon. It has a large and easy to clean opening and and a flat aluminum core at the bottom of this beautifully finished tea kettle. It has a heavy duty interior comprised of enamel that is resistant to calcium and hard water buildup.
There’s a wide opening lid for easy cleaning, a stay cool knob and a rubber gasket. The whistle could be melodic as it is only one-tone, but perhaps we’re nitpicking.
- -Safe for stove, gas or induction surfaces.
- -One-tone whistle spot notifies when water is ready.
- -Capacity: 1.7 quarts.
- -Heat resistant knob and handle that stays cool.
- -A lid with wide opening that facilitates filling and cleaning.
KitchenAid KTEN20CBIS 2.0-Quart Kettle with C Handle and Trim Band – Citrus Sunrise
This KitchenAid model has great reviews online and for good reason. It features a modern and contemporary design from a well known and established brand. This kettle will look great on any countertop and will certainly catch the attention of guests.
- -Capacity: 2 quarts, providing ample water to serve several cups (6-8).
- -Lively colored smooth yellow porcelain exterior with metal trim band.
- -Soft and easy to grip C handle design make pouring a breeze. Even easier with the thumb-press spout that enables one to simply tip the kettle open and pour.
- -Removable Lid facilitates cleaning
Pinky Up 7725 Presley Yellow Up Tea Kettle
Pinky up is a cheeky brand with a well designed kettle. You’ll note the unique and elegant design that features a stainless steel body, metal top and spot, and bamboo handle.
- -Capacity: 70 ounces.
- -Whistle notification when your water has been boiled and is ready for use.
- -A heat resistant handle to prevent burns
- -Safe for all heating surfaces.
Calypso Basics by Reston Lloyd 2-Quart Enamel-on-Steel Tea Kettle, Lemon Yellow
This is a popular and classic tea kettle made by a company with a rich history of ownership. In other words, this is more than just a kettle, its a brand.
This tea kettle is comprised of a heavy gauge porcelain on steel material so don’t let its good looks fool you. It has a heat resistant handle so you won’t burn yourself.
- -Porcelain on steel material with an elegant and classic polished finish.
- -The finish is polished, non fading, and chip-resistant.
- -There’s even heat distribution as is standard for all kettles and your water will come out evenly heated, unlike microwaved…ugh…water.
- -Heat resistant handle
- -Perfect for stove or gas heating.
Supreme housewares 71505 Bee Hive Whistling Kettle
Is this thing cute or what? Either people love it or hate it. Doesn’t seem to be an in-between. This is actually a sturdy and well-designed honeypot bee that adds a bit of fun to your tea experience. Perfect for spring, summer or really to lighten up any mood.
- -It has an ample 2.4 quart capacity, enough for making 8-10 cups.
- -It notifies you as whistling kettles should when your water is boiled and ready for use. Some people, like myself, love this and find it an absolute must in a tea kettle.
- -Heavy and sturdy design comprised of stainless steel with an Enamel Finish.
Our take: We love the classics as well as a good story. The iconic Chantal 40th anniversary kettle and the Calypso by Reston have both. That said, you really can’t go wrong with any of these kettles as we have only included the best.